A Schooling Mix

So I think we can all agree that I may fall short of updating the blog as much as I should...since it's been almost a year since I've updated this one. All of you who regularly read know that I became a homeschooling mother when we moved to Nicaragua. I do love all the homeschooling moments a mother gets...all the time I get to spend with my kids. It's incredibly rewarding and difficult all in one. Well, we decided to put our kids in the public school here in our community. Let's be honest here folks, the more time my children spend around JUST Preston, me and each other, the weirder they get. I mean, I tell them they're being weird, but who wants to hear that from their parent every day of their life? No one! It's not like we live in the States and there are things that we can take them to with other kids. Activities like that cost upwards of $30 per kid per month...who has that kind of money? So one day as I was pondering what I could do with the kids that is free, where they could have fun with other kids...I realized...the solution is right under my nose. PUBLIC SCHOOL! So, now, in the mornings we do homeschool and in the afternoon (from 100-5:00) the kids go to school. Let me just say they LOVE it. Sure the first day Preston and I had to stick around for an hour in Caroline's line of sight...but after that first hour she was hooked. She couldn't care less if we were there. The kids Spanish is getting better and they all have friends. In this four hour free time I have I am able to do things like update blogs and about a million and one secretarial jobs I now have. We have also gained information in this experience, like, the government gives free backpacks, pens, pencils, notebooks, rulers, and shoes to the kids in public school (or in our kids public school, I'm not sure if it's in all of them). Also, the kids eat at school every day. The teacher is given the food for a parent to cook and the parent brings the cooked food the next day. I have made lunch for Raymond's class. A parent is expected to cook for the class once a month.

Beans, Rice, Tortillas and a Drink for lunch :)
Mother's Day Celebration
A little song for all the mothers

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

All-in-One

Bluefields

A Change in Tradition