Don't Quit

Today from the moment I woke up I was reciting the "Don't Quit" poem I learned in 4th grade (I think that's the only thing I learned that year) over and over and over again in my head. Not only are Raymond, Caroline and I sick with strep throat...but the thought of having to teach without any help from the internet (printouts, games, videos, bible stories...the list goes on) was a bit overwhelming to me. I am a definite planner, I like everything to be ready for me so I don't really have to think about whats coming next. Here's the thing, I'm all about going with the flow, but there's gotta be some structure for me to function. So during our coffee time I bring up to Preston, "What am I even doing. Maybe we can find a cheap school. I don't even know if the kids are learning anything from me. We can't find the supplies we need and when we do they're way too expensive...I just don't know...are we hurting them or helping them?" Being the most awesome supportive husband ever, he reminds me how much I have enjoyed it up until this point. Letting me know how much he's seen the kids grow since having school at home. Giving me an "at-a-boy" and telling me how much better they're doing then they would in school because I'm able to give them the individual attention they need. He said a lot of things that helped. I thanked him and made a plan of some things we would be doing this week that wouldn't really need a computer. I came into the school room with my ideas of what school was going to look like...fingers crossed that our mini would work just long enough for Raymond to get his tests done online. NOTHING has worked on this thing and I worry about Raymonds grades, but again...why worry? There's really nothing that can be done at this point. Anyway, God was totally on our side today because the mini worked long enough for Raymond to take his tests, and then we even got a youtube Boca Beth video out of it. Really this computer doesn't play video, sound or anything that has any kind of movement so it's really hard to do anything on it. It was a Christmas miracle. Last night we had some friends say that they wanted to help us get a new computer so we've started trying to find something on the cheap side here...it just amazes me...no matter how much God takes care of us and gives us what we need, when we need it...every time...it amazes me. Here is the poem...Don't Quit
When things go wrong, as they sometimes will, When the road you're trudging seems all uphill, When the funds are low and the debts are high, And you want to smile, but you have to sigh, When care is pressing you down a bit, Rest, if you must, but don't you quit. Life is queer with its twists and turns, As every one of us sometimes learns, And many a failure turns about, When he might have won had he stuck it out; Don't give up though the pace seems slow-- You may succeed with another blow. Often the goal is nearer than, It seems to a faint and faltering man, Often the struggler has given up, When he might have captured the victor's cup, And he learned too late when the night slipped down, How close he was to the golden crown. Success is failure turned inside out-- The silver tint of the clouds of doubt, And you never can tell how close you are, It may be near when it seems so far, So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit-- It's when things seem worst that you must not quit. - Author unknown

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluefields

All-in-One

A Change in Tradition